Andrew Copson: Introduction to Humanism (15 minutes)

Alex Alex

Andrew Copson: Introduction to Humanism (15 minutes)

This post was updated on .
An Introduction to Humanism
Andrew Copson
Chief Executive, British Humanist Association
(15 minutes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EUvPsaT6bE

Humanists...
- Accept naturalism and use scientific method to gain knowledge
- Accept this one life is all we know we have
- Accept morality arises out of human nature and culture
- Believe what is right is what promotes human welfare and fulfillment
- Believe we can/should create meaning and purpose in life

(This talk was part of the Ancestor's Trail 2013 http://ancestorstrail.net
The Ancestor's Trail is an annual event combining walking, evolution and art. Based on Richard Dawkins' book The Ancestor's Tale, the Trail guides its walkers along a time line from the present day back 3.8 billion years to the origins of life. The 2013 event celebrated the life of Alfred Russel Wallace, and helped raise funds for the statue of Wallace which was unveiled by Sir David Attenborough in November 2013.)

Alex譯:

英國人文主義協會行政總裁簡介人文主義

人文主義者:
‧ 接納自然主義,並採用科學的方法來獲取知識