Chris Arnade/Guardian: The people who challenged my atheism most were drug addicts and prostitutes

Alex Alex

Chris Arnade/Guardian: The people who challenged my atheism most were drug addicts and prostitutes

The people who challenged my atheism most were drug addicts and prostitutes
Chris Arnade
The Guardian
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/dec/24/atheism-richard-dawkins-challenge-beliefs-homeless

"Perhaps atheism is an intellectual luxury for the wealthy"

"They have their faith because what they believe in doesn't judge them. Who am I to tell them that what they believe is irrational? Who am I to tell them the one thing that gives them hope and allows them to find some beauty in an awful world is inconsistent? I cannot tell them that there is nothing beyond this physical life. It would be cruel and pointless."

Alex's comment:  對無神論真正的挑戰在此:生活艱苦、倚靠宗教提供唯一盼望、活生生的人。