HKU: A Centenary Dialogue with Aung San Suu Kyi

Alex Alex

HKU: A Centenary Dialogue with Aung San Suu Kyi

Message from Faculty of Social Sciences

Dear colleagues, alumni and friends,

The Faculty of Social Sciences is pleased to have over 1200 participants witnessed the historical event "A Centenary Dialogue with Aung San Suu Kyi" taking place at the University of Hong Kong on May 30, 2011. The event has been extensively covered by local and international media agencies. We would like to thank your support. Although the event has come to an end, we hope to continue the discussion. More post-event actions therefore have and will be taken, with details as below:

1  The Dialogue's full version video and photos are now available from the lecture website. A five-minute event highlight will be available in mid-June;
2  Dialogue's Facebook page has been created. Please leave your comment;
3  The Dialogue with HD quality (for which the video is brought back from Burma) will be rerun in Cable TV Channel No.10 on June 4 (Saturday) at 1200 and 1800 (programme schedule subject to change);
4  A feature will be published in Mingpao Sunday Supplement on June 5 (Sunday);
5  The Q&A highlights will be shown on UVision soon;
6  Transcript of the Q&A will be available at a later stage; and
7  A commemorative publication is now under planning.

Thank you again for your support.

Yours faithfully,
Faculty of Social Sciences
The University of Hong Kong