Joel Baden: The Bible Doesn't Say What You Think it Does (YouTube 20min)

Alex Alex

Joel Baden: The Bible Doesn't Say What You Think it Does (YouTube 20min)

The Bible Doesn't Say What You Think it Does
Joel Baden
YouTube (20 min)
http://youtu.be/XS7LgbMr1m4

Joel Baden (Professor of Hebrew Bible Yale University) spoke at the 2013 Nantucket Project.

Nearly 80 percent of all Americans think the Bible is either literally true or is the inspired word of God. And yet, most Americans have no idea what is actually in the Bible. So we have the paradoxical situation in which we as a culture "have invested the words of this book with amazing authority even when we don't know what these words are and what they mean."

About The Nantucket Project
The Nantucket Project is one of the world’s great gatherings, each year hosting preeminent thinkers, leaders and innovators in a wide range of fields.

We focus on the intersection of art and commerce – one fueled by passion, the other by reason. In every organization – whether it’s a business, a philanthropy or a creative endeavor – those two forces jostle to achieve the right balance.

In the process, values are determined. We believe TNP is the only event of its kind that rigorously examines those values.