King Charles' first address sounds quite UU...

Alex Alex

King Charles' first address sounds quite UU...

Charles used his first address to explore shared values between different faith groups and the universality of "the power of light overcoming darkness".

"While Christmas is, of course, a Christian celebration," he said, "the power of light overcoming darkness is celebrated across the boundaries of faith and belief. So, whatever faith you have, or whether you have none, it is in this life-giving light, and with the true humility that lies in our service to others, that I believe we can find hope for the future."

metro.co.uk/2022/12/25/the-kings-first-christmas-day-speech-in-full-17994613