Liberal Religion @ Wikipedia

Alex Alex

Liberal Religion @ Wikipedia

"To be a liberal according to my favorite scripture, Merriam-Webster, is be open minded, is to be free from the constraints of dogmatism and authority, is to be generous and to believe in the basic goodness of humankind. Religion is defined as that which binds us back or reconnects us to that which is ultimately important. Thus religious liberals are those that are connected, through generosity and openness, to the most important aspects of life. And there in lies the challenge. If we are open minded and not bound by authority who or what decides those matters of ultimate importance?"
—Unitarian Universalist minister Kimi Riegel, What is Liberal Religion?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_religion
Alex Alex

James Ford: Liberal Religion

A VERY SHORT INTRODUCTION TO LIBERAL RELIGION
James Ford
April 13, 2013
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/monkeymind/2013/04/a-very-short-introduction-to-liberal-religion.html