Love...(REsources for Living, Quest)

Alex Alex

Love...(REsources for Living, Quest)

This post was updated on .
REsources For Living
BY LYNN UNGAR, MINISTER FOR LIFESPAN LEARNING, CHURCH OF THE  LARGER FELLOWSHIP
February 2011
Quest
http://clf.uua.org/quest/2011/02/ungar.html

"You're unique, just like everybody else."

I think the world would be better off if people would just remind each other of this great truth on a regular basis. You are unique. There is no one quite like you in the world. You deserve to be treasured—your particular gifts and abilities and experiences have never been seen before and will never be seen again. But the world will also be better off if you remember that everyone around you is just as special, just as precious, just as deserving of love and respect as you are. You’re unique, just like everybody else.

The greatest love isn’t loving yourself. The greatest love also isn’t loving everyone but yourself. The greatest love is living from the certainty that every person, every animal and plant has its own inherent worth and dignity, just like you. Some people would describe this as God being inside of all beings. We love God through the way we treat everyone and everything we meet. We decide how to treat others based on the understanding that how we treat them is how we are treating God. Or, if the God idea doesn’t work for you, you can go with the idea shared by religions around the globe: treat others as you would like to be treated. Not just because life works better that way, although it certainly does. Treat others as you would like to be treated because loving yourself and everyone else is the greatest form of love, and love is the heart of everything good.

Alex's comment:  Well said!  And Atheists are adequately respected!
說得好!愛眾生如己!己所不欲,勿施於人!一語貫通了佛(「普渡眾生」)、耶穌(「愛人如己」)、和孔子之核心精神!而在這篇宗教教育講章裡,無神論者亦得到應有的尊重!好!