SCMP: Parade of pride not prejudice

Alex Alex

SCMP: Parade of pride not prejudice

Parade of pride not prejudice
Gays and lesbians, including a church group and tour party from Shenzhen, bring colour to the streets
Nov 13, 2011
http://www.scmp.com/portal/site/SCMP/menuitem.2af62ecb329d3d7733492d9253a0a0a0/?vgnextoid=52a3d3c151893310VgnVCM100000360a0a0aRCRD&ss=Hong+Kong&s=News

Hennessy Road in Wan Chai was awash with colour as 2,000 gays, lesbians, transsexuals, cross-dressers, sex workers and their straight friends and families joined the carnival-like Pride Parade yesterday.  ...

...The Blessed Minority Christian Fellowship - a primarily LGBT congregation - has participated since 2008, for the first time carried banners and signs. "We want to show that we are at one and completely related to the LGBT community," pastor Silas Wong Kwok-yiu said.  ...

Alex's comment:  Rev Silas Wong Kwok-yiu is also director of the Progressive Christian Fellowship (PCF) of UUHK.