Siegel/Big Think: Surprise: the Big Bang isn’t the beginning of the universe anymore

Alex Alex

Siegel/Big Think: Surprise: the Big Bang isn’t the beginning of the universe anymore

Surprise: the Big Bang isn’t the beginning of the universe anymore
Ethan Siegel
Big Think

The Big Bang teaches us that our expanding, cooling universe used to be younger, denser, and hotter in the past. However, extrapolating all the way back to a singularity leads to predictions that disagree with what we observe. Instead, cosmic inflation preceded and set up the Big Bang, changing our cosmic origin story forever.