Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe

Alex Alex

Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/09/02/hawking.god.universe

God did not create the universe, world-famous physicist Stephen Hawking argues in a new book that aims to banish a divine creator from physics.

Hawking says in his book "The Grand Design" that, given the existence of gravity, "the universe can and will create itself from nothing," according to an excerpt published Thursday in The Times of London.

"Spontaneous creation is the reason why there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist," he writes in the excerpt.

"It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper [fuse] and set the universe going," he writes.

...if there are untold numbers of planets in the galaxy, it's less remarkable that there's one with conditions for human life.

...Therefore, he concludes, there's no need for God to explain it.

XOX XOX

Re: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe

Look out for the attack. The braindead catholic creationists are already starting their stinky shit catholic church propaganda machine.
Alex Alex

霍金新書 :「科學不容有神」

霍金新書 :「科學不容有神」
http://hk.news.yahoo.com/article/100906/18/k2l9.html

「我們為甚麼出現?宇宙『自發形成』是最佳的解釋,無須上帝去創造或推動,宇宙就是這樣自行形成及運作。」
Alex Alex

Re: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe

Many Kinds of Universes, and None Require God
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/08/books/08book.html?_r=1&ref=dwight_garner

a book review
Alex Alex

Re: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe

Ursula Goodenough blogs on the book...

God And No-God Mongering: A Cycle Of Science Vs Religion Begins Anew
http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2010/09/08/129723362/god-and-no-god-mongering-a-new-cycle-of-science-vs-religion-begins-anew

...I'll grant that when a religious trajectory becomes a religious system, then it also tends to become conservative in the interest of self-maintenance. But religious trajectories are not inherently conservative, and indeed the religious impulse can be highly creative, particularly when persons are provisioned with a novel Mythos — like our scientific understandings of nature — to explore for its religious implications.
Alex Alex

Stephen Hawking dies 14 March 2018

Stephen Hawking, brightest star in cosmology, dies aged 76
The physicist and author of A Brief History of Time has died at his home in Cambridge. His children said: "We will miss him forever"
The Guardian
http://theguardian.com/science/2018/mar/14/stephen-hawking-professor-dies-aged-76

Professor Stephen Hawking 1942-2018. A video tribute.
University of Cambridge
http://www.facebook.com/cambridge.university/videos/10155701509379864