Thich Nhat Hanh: Plum Village 一行禪師:梅村

Alex Alex

Thich Nhat Hanh: Plum Village 一行禪師:梅村

This post was updated on .
Plum Village Foundation Hong Kong
Asian Institute of Applied Buddhism
Email: info@pvfhk.org, aiab@pvfhk.org
Mailing Address: Chu Lam Ching Yun, House no. 41, Ngong Ping Village, Lantau Island, Hong Kong

http://pvfhk.org

梅村香港基金會
亞洲應用佛學院
電郵:info@pvfhk.org, aiab@pvfhk.org
通訊地址:香港大嶼山昂坪村41號竹林淨苑
Alex Alex

Thich Nhat Hanh in Hong Kong 2010 一行禪師喜悅之旅2010

This post was updated on .
Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh in Hong Kong 2010
一行禪師喜悅之旅2010

http://zen.buddhistdoor.com

http://mingkok.buddhistdoor.com/en/news/d/10851
Alex Alex

Live Webcast of Thay's Dharma Talk Tonight (Sept 11, 2010 at HKT 7pm)

Tonight on September 11, 2010, Thay will give a public talk in Singapore at HKT 7pm. If you have free time, you may watch the live webcast on the Internet:

http://stream.pvweb.org/live.html

Programme Schedule:
- HKT 7:00pm Singing, Guided Meditation, Introduction about Thay
- HKT 7:30pm Chanting, followed by Thay's Dharma Talk

Enjoy!

Smile,
Br. Phap Chung (Br. Dharma Bell)
Alex Alex

修女也參禪?

修女也參禪?
2010-11-05
佛門網
http://mingkok.buddhistdoor.com/cht/news/d/15691

"我們可能以為,不同宗教即使未至於勢成水火,也鮮有深入交流學習。如果你這樣想,現在可要改變一下想法了..."
Alex Alex

Quarterly Weekend Retreat 季度週末禪營

Quarterly Weekend Retreat - "Listening to Each Other, Be There for Each Other"
Date: March 25th (Fri evening) to 27th (Sun afternoon), 2011
Venue: The Kadoorie Institute - Shek Kong Centre of the University of Hong Kong
Details and Registration: http://www.pvfhk.org
Closing date for registration: March 15, 2011 (Tue)

Day of Mindfulness (DOM) at Wang Fat Ching She, Tsuen Wan
Date: March 12, 2011
Time: 10am to 4pm
Details & Registration: http://dom.buddhistdoor.com

Please note that the next monthly Day of Mindfulness held regularly at the Hong Kong Institute of Education, Tai Po will be on April 23, 2011 (Sat). Registration will be available in April.

Regular Evening Practice Schedule at the Center in March, 2011
Besides, you are very welcome to join our regular evening practice at the Center.  No registration is needed.
- "Happy Walk" Outdoor Walking Meditation at 6pm from Monday to Friday (You may arrive at the Center at around 5:45pm)
- "Joyful Sitting" Silent Sitting Meditation and Chanting from 7:30pm to 8:30pm from Monday to Thursday
- "Friday Practice" from 7:30pm to 9:30pm
Remarks: No activities will be held at the Centre on March 25, 2011 due to the quarterly weekend retreat.
________________________________
Plum Village Foundation Hong Kong
Plum Village Mindfulness Practice Center - Hong Kong
Address: 1/F, Seaview Mansion, 7 Chatham Road South, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon. (near Lift Exit P3 of East Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Station)
Website: http://www.pvfhk.org (English); http://www.plumvillagehk.org (Chinese)
Email: pvmpc@pvfhk.org

季度週末禪營 - 「為彼此聆聽,為彼此存在」
日期:2011年3月25至27日  (星期五晚 至 星期日下午)
地點:香港大學嘉道理研究所 - 石崗中心
詳情及報名:http://www.pvfhk.org
截止日期:2011年3月15日(星期二)

正念修習日 - 於荃灣弘法精舍舉行
日期:2011年3月12日(六)
時間:上午10時至下午4時
詳情及報名:http://dom.buddhistdoor.com

註:下次香港教育學院的「每月正習修習日」於2011年4月23日(六)舉行。四月份開始接受報名。

中心晚間修習 (3月份時間)
同時,歡迎您在平日上中心參與共修。(毋須報名)
- 「快樂行禪」- 戶外行禪      逢星期一至五晚 6時  (您可在下午5時45分左右到中心集合。)
- 「喜悅坐禪」- 靜坐及念誦   逢星期一至四晚 7時半至8時半
- 「週五共修」                     逢星期五晚 7時半至9時半
註:由於舉行「季度週末禪營」,2011年3月25日中心休息。
____________________________
梅村香港基金會
梅村香港正念修習中心
地址:九龍尖沙咀漆咸道南7號 美景大廈1樓  (近尖東港鐵站 P3升降機出口)
網址:http://www.pvfhk.org (英文); http://www.plumvillagehk.org (中文)
電郵:pvmpc@pvfhk.org
Alex Alex

Moving of Plum Village HK Monastic Sangha to Lantau Island 梅村香港出家眾遷居至​大嶼山

Dear friends,

Re: Moving of Plum Village Hong Kong Monastic Sangha to Lantau Island

We are happy to inform you that Plum Village Hong Kong Monastic Sangha has moved to its new home in Ngong Ping, Lantau Island on April 10, 2011. All activities held at Plum Village Mindfulness Practice Center in Tsim Sha Tsui had already ended on Friday April 8, 2011. Thank you so much for your kind supports, encouragements and participations in activities at the Center for the past two years, since February, 2009.

If you are still holding books from our library, kindly please reply to us by email as soon as possible. We will let you know the arrangement of book return.

Plum Village Hong Kong is forming a monastery for monks and nuns and also a practice center for laymen and laywomen on Lantau Island. The nuns stay and practice at the Lotus Pond Temple; and the monks at the Bamboo Forest Monastery, both in Ngong Ping, Lantau Island. This arrangement is made possible by generous supports of many people in Hong Kong Buddhist community. We will keep you informed of future news and our activities there.

We still hold some of our activities in town, like the monthly Day of Mindfulness at the Hong Kong Institute of Education in Tai Po. For the regular Friday Night Practice, we will hold it on every 1st and 3rd weeks, beginning in May. Details are to be announced in separate emails.

We are looking forward to seeing you on Lantau Island in the near future!

A lotus to you,The Monastics of Plum Village Hong Kong

Plum Village Foundation Hong Kong
Website: http://www.pvfhk.org (English); http://www.plumvillagehk.org (Chinese)
Email: pvmpc@pvfhk.org

各位朋友:

梅村香港出家眾遷居至大嶼山

很高興地告訴大家,梅村香港出家眾於2011年4月10日遷居至大嶼山昂平。所有在尖沙咀梅村正念修習中心舉行的活動已於4月8日(星期五)圓滿結束。非常感激大家自2009年2月參與中心的活動,一路支持、鼓勵著我們﹗

如您借閱梅村香港的圖書而尚未歸還,請盡快以電郵回覆我們,以便得知還書手續。

現時,梅村香港在大嶼山昂平設立寺院,還有在家眾的修習中心。梅村的女眾及男眾法師分別在蓮池寺及竹林淨院安居。感謝香港佛教界多位有心人的慷慨支持,才能成就今天的安排。未來,我們會繼續通知各位有關梅村在大嶼山的活動消息。

此外,我們仍會在市區舉行部份的共修:
每月在香港教育學院大埔校園舉行的「正念修習日」如常舉行。由5月份開始,「週五共修」逢第1及第3個星期舉行。詳情另行公告。

希望在不久的將來,大家在大嶼山相見﹗

梅村香港眾位法師 合十

梅村香港基金會
網址:http://www.pvfhk.org (英文); http://www.plumvillagehk.org (中文)
電郵:pvmpc@pvfhk.org
Alex Alex

Friday Night Practice「星期五共修​」

Dear Friends,

You are welcome to join our bi-weekly Friday Night Practice (7:30 pm to 9:30 pm) in Wan Chai, Hong Kong. We practice mindful breathing, sitting, walking, singing, etc. Please come and enjoy a peaceful, relaxing evening to purify our mind after a long day of busy work. Let our body and mind rest.

Friday Night Practice is a "lite" version of mindfulness practice but still enables you to nourish mindfulness and happiness with the Sangha.

Dates:
July  22, 2011
August 5, 2011
August 19, 2011
*sessions after August will be announced in due course

Time: 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Venue: International Society of Life-nurturing Traditions (ISLT)
Address: 22/F, Weswick Commercial Building, 147 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Map in Chinese: http://www.islt.com.hk/map.html
Language: English with Cantonese translation
Remarks: please wear loose, comfortable clothes
No registration is necessary

For enquiries, please contact us at info@pvfhk.org

Breathe & Smile,
Plum Village Hong Kong - Rain of Compassion Sangha
Asian Institute of Applied Buddhism

各位朋友:

歡迎大家參加每兩星期一次的「星期五共修」,一起修習正念呼吸、坐禪、行禪、唱歌等。一天繁忙工作過後,讓我們洗滌心靈,享受平靜、輕鬆的晚上,令身心好好休息。

「星期五共修」是正念修習的「輕盈版」,但亦能讓在大家與僧團一起,培養正念和快樂。

日期:
2011年7月22日
2011年8月5日
2011年8月19日
註:8月後的詳情容後公佈

時間: 晚上7時30分至9時30分
地點:養生學會 (香港灣仔皇后大道東147號威利商業大廈22樓)
地圖:http://www.islt.com.hk/map.html
語言:英語主講,輔以粵語翻譯
註:請穿著寬身衣物
毋須報名

如有查詢,請電郵至 info@pvfhk.org

呼吸、微笑
亞洲應用佛學院
梅村香港 慈霖共修團
Alex Alex

Monthly Day of Mindfulnes​s 每月「正念修習日」

MonthlyDay of Mindfulness
Co-organised by
Centre for Religious and SpiritualityEducation, HKIEd, and
Plum Village Foundation Hong Kong

Saturday, September 24, 2011 from 9:00 to 17:00
at the Quiet Room (B4-P-01), HongKong Institute of Education, Tai Po Campus

Dear friends,

You are invited to attend the monthly Day of Mindfulness (DOM) on September 24, 2011.

The monthly Day of Mindfulness is a regular activity organized by and for mindfulness practitioners in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) and PlumVillage.  We are truly grateful thatCentre for Religious and Spirituality Education(CRSE) of HKIEd has served as the co-organiser of DOM since June, 2007 and hasprovided a very nice environment for supporting our practices.  Thereafter, many participants have found the DOMs very fruitful and enjoyable.

The DOM is mainly facilitated by the lay practitioners with the intention to strengthen ourpractice and our brotherhood and sisterhood.  The DOM is a day for us to leave behind our work and worries and just to enjoy the presence of each other under the boundless sky and the scenic hillside.  Wecan experience the happiness of the present moment simply by having a series ofmindfulness practice activities.  The mindfulness practice will help us to become more focused and attentive in our daily life.  Practicing together is indeedvery happy and enjoyable!

The DOM is free-of-charge and welcomes all, regardless of your religious background and experiences.

The programme of the coming DOM is as follows:
09:00       Walking meditation (Meetoutside the Quiet Room of CRSE)
10:00       Dharma Talk
12:00       Lunch (Pleasebring your own vegetarian packed lunch)
13:00       Rest
14:00       TotalRelaxation
14:45       MindfulnessTraining Recitation (with sitting and chanting)
16:00       Dharmadiscussion
17:00       Farewell

Language: English with Cantonese Translation

How to register
The Quiet Room of CRSE can accommodate about 45 persons for this Day of Mindfulness.  Please register online by clicking the direct link hereor the URL http://www.ied.edu.hk/crse/upcoming.html .

Registration is on a first-come, first-servedbasis.  Confirmation will be sent to those who have successfullyregistered 2 to 3 days before the DOM.

For further enquiries, please contact us by email: retreats@pvfhk.org .

See you at the Day of Mindfulness!

Breathe and Smile,
Peggy
Coordinator for theDay of Mindfulness

每月正念修習日
香港教育學院宗敎及心靈敎育中心 與
梅村香港基金會 合辦

2011年9月24日 (星期六) 上午9時至下午5時
香港教育學院-大埔校園 靜室 (B4-P-01)

親愛的朋友們:

梅村香港基金會 (下稱「梅村」) 誠意邀請你參加在2011年9月24日舉行的「正念修習日」。

「正念修習日」是由一眾修習  一行禪師教導及梅村傳承的同修主持。我們非常感激香港敎育學院宗敎及心靈敎育中心由2007年6月開始與梅村合辦此活動,提供環境優美的場地來支持大家修習,令不少參加者體會修習的得益和喜悅﹗

「正念修習日」主要由梅村的同修帶領,讓大家保持修習正念,增進同修手足之情。「正念修習日」能讓我們暫時放開忙碌的工作和生活的擔憂,有機會身處在藍天、山巒下,與大家只去享受共修,體驗每時每刻活在當下和保持正念的喜悅。正念的修習可讓我們在生活中多一點專注,對身邊的事情多一些覺察和關懷。一起修習會為大家帶來喜悅和享受!

「正念修習日」歡迎來自不同宗教和修行經驗的人士參加,活動全屬免費。

活動流程如下:
09:00  行禪 (在CRSE靜室外集合)
10:00  聆聽佛法開示
12:00  午餐 (請帶備簡單素食午餐盒,如三明治、水果等)
13:00  休息
14:00  完全放鬆
14:45  「五項正念修習」念誦 (有靜坐及唱誦)
16:00  佛法分享
17:00  再會

語言:英語,廣東話翻譯

報名手續
由於CRSE靜室只能容納約45名參加者,請按此或登上http://www.ied.edu.hk/crse/upcoming.html 網上報名。報名以先到先得方式進行。獲取錄的參加者會在活動舉行前的2至3天收到確認電郵。

如有任何查詢,歡迎電郵至: retreats@pvfhk.org 。

「正念修習日」見!

「正念修習日」聯絡人Peggy
以呼吸、微笑敬上
Alex Alex

"Be Still and Know" Sangha 基督徒共修小組

Dear Friends,

Fostering our relationship with God through mindfulness
To cultivate our love and compassion to transform suffering

We are pleased to invite brothers and sisters in Christian family who have experienced Plum Village practice to join our mindfulness practice. We will enjoy sitting meditation, chanting, sharing, singing and praying.

You may find the schedule of 2011 as below:

Dates:
3 Oct 2011  (Mon)
7 Nov 2011   (Mon)
5 Dec 2011   (Mon)

Time & Contents: 7:30pm - 9:00pm
7:30 - 8:30 pm - "Mindfulness Practice"
8:30 - 9:00pm - "Deep Listening" Practice

Venue  : Talentum Bookstore

Address : Room 6, 1/F, Lai Kee Building, 20 Waterloo Road, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon, Hong Kong (Yau Ma Tei MTR station B2 Exit)

Language: English except "Deep Listening" Practice in Cantonese only

No registration is needed. You are encouraged to arrive at 7:15pm.

Let us nurture our understanding, love and compassion and enjoy our practice together!

See you at the 1st Monday nights in every month!

Breathe & smile,

"Be Still and Know" Sangha
(A Christian Community of Mindfulness practice
in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh & Plum Village)
Asian Institute of Applied Buddhism (AIAB): Lotus Pond Temple, Ngong Ping, Lantau Island, Hong Kong

親愛的朋友:

在正念中札根於基督
以愛與慈悲轉化苦難

 我們誠邀曾參與過梅村修習的主內的弟兄姊妹共同以正念修習。我們會一起坐禪、分享、頌唱及禱告。

請參閱以下2011年時間表:

日期:
2011年10月3日 (星期一)
2011年11月7日 (星期一)
2011年12月5日 (星期一)

時間及內容:晚上7時30分至9時
晚上7時30分至8時30分 - 「正念修習」
晚上8時30分至9時        - 修習「深度聆聽」

共修地點: 塔冷通心靈書舍
地址: 油麻地窩打老道20號金輝大厦一樓6室 (油麻地港鐵站B2出向左望)

語言: 英語為主,修習「深度聆聽」會用粵語進行

毋須報名。歡迎於晚上7時15分到達。

願我們培養諒解,愛與慈悲,一起共享正念修習!

我們每月的第一個星期一晚上見!

呼吸、微笑

基督徒共修小組
「以一行禪師梅村正念修習的基督徒團體」
亞洲應用佛學院  地址: 香港大嶼山昂坪蓮池寺
Alex Alex

Thich Nhat Hanh in Hong Kong 2013 (18-27 May)

"Happiness is the Way"
Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh in Hong Kong 2013

We are happy to inform you that Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh and the Plum Village International Monastic Sangha will come to Hong Kong for a teaching trip from May 15 to May 28, 2013.  This teaching trip in Hong Kong is part of the "Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh in Asia 2013" teaching trip covering Thailand, Korea and Hong Kong from March 24 to May 28.

The following events are scheduled for the teaching trip:

May 18:
"Cultivating Peace and Happiness in Schools", a Day of Mindfulness for the Educator for educators and students at the Hong Kong Institute of Education, Tai Po

May 19:
A Day of Mindfulness and Vesak Celebration at the Asian Institute of Applied Buddhism - Lotus Pond Temple, Ngong Ping, Lantau Island

May 21:
"Body and Mind are One", a Day of Mindfulness for Healthcare and Social Service Professionals at the HKU Centre on Behavioral Health, Pokfulam

May 23-26:
"Happiness is the Way", a 4-Day Retreat at the YMCA Wu Kwai Sha Youth Village, Ma On Shan

May 27:
"Happpiness is the Way", Public Talk at the Hong Kong Coliseum, Hung Hom, Kowloon

We will provide links to events for which the enrolment is open. There will not be linkage when the event is still under preparation. Please visit http://www.pvfhk.org for updated information.

This is Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh’s fifth teaching trip to Hong Kong; the first one was in 2001. Many people shared that they have benefited from the teachings in these events.
We are looking forward to seeing you at these events.
Breathe and smile,
The Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh in Hong Kong 2013 Executive Committee

幸福之路 一行禪師香港之旅2013

我們很高興告訴大家,我們的老師一行禪師與梅村國際僧團,將於三月廿四日至五月廿八日進行亞洲教學之旅2013。這次行程包括泰國、韓國。香港是其中一站。禪師及僧團將五月十五日至廿八日在香港進行一連串教學活動。以下是有關活動資料:

五月十八日
「共建校園的平安喜樂」教育工作者與學生覺醒禪修日─香港教育學院大埔校院

五月十九日
亞洲應用佛學院正念禪修日暨慶祝佛誕─香港大嶼山昂平蓮池寺

五月廿一日
「身心一體」 醫護及社會服務人員正念禪修日─香港大學行為健康教研中心

五月廿三至六日
「幸福之路」四天覺醒生活營─香港中華基督教青年會 烏溪沙生活營

五月廿七日
「幸福之路」公開講座─香港紅磡體育館

開始報名登記時,有關資料便自動連結。如該項活動仍在準備中,連結是不會啟動。你也可以登上我們的網站 http://www.pvfhk.org 得到最新消息。

這是禪師第五次到臨香港作教學之旅。首次是2001年。有很多朋友都在參加以往教學之旅後而得益。
我們期待在活動中與你見面。
呼吸,微笑
一行禪師香港之旅2013執行委員會

Big size: http://pvfhk.org/images/activities/2013-TNHHK/e_poster_Eng.jpg

大圖: http://pvfhk.org/images/activities/2013-TNHHK/e_poster_Chnese.jpg
Alex Alex

Mindfulness, A Teaching With Thich Nhat Hanh (YouTube 4min)

Mindfulness, A Teaching With Thich Nhat Hanh
April 14, 2013
http://www.artofdharma.com/mindfulness-teaching
(YouTube 4min)

Thich Nhat Hanh gives an incredible explanation of mindfulness. Too often are we preoccupied with silly things that keep us from true mindfulness. Mindfulness allows us to be in touch with world, the universe, and the present moment. When we become mindful, we can find gratitude and happiness wherever we are. From admiring the blue sky on a sunny day, to admiring the rain drops on a rainy day. If we learn to practice mindfulness and gratitude, we won’t need anything else to be happy. So, check out the beautiful teaching by Thich Nhat Hanh below, learn to stop running and be present with the universe.

Alex's comment:  According to Buddhism, the greatest illusion we are having is that we are separated from the rest of the universe.  This is scientific.  We are made of the same atoms as the rest of the universe.  We are continually exchanging atoms with the rest of the universe.  Be aware of and meditate with these scientific facts, and be illuminated and enlightened.  This is Religious Naturalism.  And it agrees with Buddhism.
Alex Alex

劉細良:一行禪師的吸引力

一行禪師的吸引力
劉細良
2013-5-6
主場新聞

Alex Alex

Flash-mob Meditation 快閃禪 27 May 2013

Flash-mob Meditation 快閃禪
http://pvfhk.org/index.php/en/activities/coming-activities/216-flash-mob-meditation-attsim-sha-tsui-east-waterfront-podium-garden

When:  Monday 27 May 2013 4:00pm
Where: Tsim Sha Tsui East Waterfront Podium Garden (ends at Hong Kong Coliseum for friends who are joining the Public Talk to be held there that night)
What: Sitting and Walking Meditation
Bring: You may like to bring something to sit on, a mat or a towel

This is an event open to everyone, of all ages, from every path, background, culture, faith and meditation experience (please join us even if you have not meditated before, just come and sit to enjoy the peaceful energy with us).

Pictures & Videos from last year’s flash mob med:
http://www.facebook.com/wake.u.hk#!/media/set/?set=a.321886944593879.77936.100003177289809&type=3
http://vimeo.com/63644916
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdxWpkW71NQ&list=UUbSJZVa52lsKPSYSwLJt0yg&index=2

The first Flash Mob Meditation in Hong Kong was held in December 2012. At that time, we shared the collective energy of peace and joy with our people and our society. We got to slow down, stop and reflect on what we can offer to ourselves and to people around us in Christmas, a time of sharing and giving.

This year we will be initiating the second Flash Mob Meditation to echo with the Asia teaching tour of our teacher Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh.

We hope to bring together people from all walks of life in Hong Kong. Together we nurture the peace, harmony and joy that are readily available in every one of us, in the here and the now.

We hope the event will promote peace and joy in our beloved Hong Kong (which sometimes can be busy and confusing) and inspire a positive change to society.

Who We Are :
Wake Up - Young Adults for a Healthy and Compassionate Society. We have a determination to live in a awakening way in Harmony with one another and with the earth, to help our society which is overloaded with intolerance, discrimination, craving, anger and despair.
http://www.facebook.com/wake.u.h
Alex Alex

星島日報:一行禪師:遠離憤怒暴力

一行禪師:遠離憤怒暴力
星島日報 – 2013年5月28日
Alex Alex

明覺:照顧心內的受傷小孩:一行禪師開示幸福之路

照顧心內的受傷小孩:一行禪師開示幸福之路
文、圖:侯松蔚
2013-05-29
明覺
http://mingkok.buddhistdoor.com/cht/news/d/33775
Alex Alex

Guardian: Google seeks out wisdom of zen master Thich Nhat Hanh

Google seeks out wisdom of zen master Thich Nhat Hanh
Jo Confino in New York
http://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/global-technology-ceos-wisdom-zen-master-thich-nhat-hanh

"Global tech companies are connecting to the power of mindfulness and meditation to drive sustainability and happiness"
Alex Alex

Fall 2014 Retreat 23-26/10/2014

Mindful Journey through the Circle of Life: Birth, Old Age, Sickness and Dying

A mindbody health retreat with the Plum Village monastics

at the Asian Institute of Applied Buddhism,
Lotus Pond Temple, Ngong Ping Village, Lantau Island, HK

Date: 23/10/2014 - 26/10/ 2014

http://pvfhk.org/index.php/en/activities/coming-activities/256-mindful-journey-through-the-circle-of-life-a-mind-body-health-retreat

You are invited to attend the annual Fall retreat at AIAB–Lotus Pond Temple.The theme of this retreat is to live mindfully through the circle of life, which manifests in the form of birth, old age, sickness and dying. In Buddhism, we usually talk about there is no birth and no death, only manifestation. Things are formed when conditions are sufficient for them to form, things dissolve when conditions are sufficient for them to dissolve.  Impermanence and selflessness (empty of a separate and permanent self) are nature of all phenomena. How do we apply these teachings when our loved ones are on deathbeds, but still clinging to their lives and fighting for every breath?  What can we do to lessen their physical pains and mental suffering, and help them to have peace in the final moments of their lives? How do we deal with these matters, when it is time for us to face this moment ourselves? How do we help people to take care of themselves while caring for the sick, and to cope with the loss of their loved ones?
Alex Alex

Thich Nhat Hanh Suffers Stroke

Thich Nhat Hanh Suffers Brain Hemorrhage, Signals Recovery
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/13/thich-nhat-hanh-brain-hemorrhage_n_6152482.html
Alex Alex

HKNRP: Day of Mindfulness at AIAB (Lantau) 1 Mar 2015

Day of Mindfulness at AIAB (Lantau) on Sunday 1st March 2015
Hong Kong Network on Religion and Peace

Dear Friends,

Happy Year of the Goat! May you enjoy peace and good health throughout the Year.

You are invited to attend a Day of Mindfulness (DOM) organised by the Asian Institute of Applied Buddhism (亞洲應用佛學院) (AIAB) at the Lotus Pond Temple (蓮池寺), Lantau Island. AIAB is a center for applied Buddhism studies and practices in the tradition of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh (一行禪師) and Plum Village (梅村).

The DOM is mainly facilitated by the monks and nuns of AIAB with the intention to bring the practices of Buddhism into daily life. It is a day for us to experience the happiness of the present moment simply by having a series of mindfulness practice activities. The mindfulness practice will help us to become more focused and attentive in our daily life.

The DOM is free-of-charge and welcomes all, regardless of your religious background and experiences.

Program:
09:45      Walking Meditation (Meet in front of the Lotus Pond Temple)
11:00      Dharma Talk
12:30      Lunch (Provided by AIAB)
13:30      Total Relaxation
15:00      Dharma Sharing
17:00      Farewell

Language: English with Cantonese Translation

You are encouraged to stay for the whole day of practice.

How to reach the Lotus Pond Temple:
1.      MTR to Tung Chung Station
2.      New Lantau Bus No.23 from Tung Chung to Ngong Ping (Po Lin Monastery)
3.      Take the small paved road to the left of the Po Lin Monastery memorial arch. The Lotus Pond Temple is about 150 metres away.

For details of the bus service, please check
http://www.newlantaobus.com/road_23.htm

Please reply ( interfaith.hongkong@gmail.com ) by 12:00 noon on Thursday 26th February if you will attend.

Blessings and Peace,
HKNRP Organising Committee
Alex Alex

HKTV documentary: 一行禪師的《飄 》

http://www.facebook.com/hktvnetwork/videos/vb.297742713664957/685067618265796/

【一行禪師的《飄 》】曾經被馬丁路德金提名諾貝爾和平獎的一行禪師,為何因為反對越戰,而被流放海外?究竟他如何開創「正念」禪修?這理念如何影響世界?

《飄》最後一站,一連四星期,遠赴法國波爾多梅村禪修營,專訪一行禪師,了解這位影響全球超過一億人的精神領袖。

A documentary on Plum Village by HKTV! (in Cantonese language)
12