With Or Without God, book by Gretta Vosper

Alex Alex

With Or Without God, book by Gretta Vosper

With Or Without God
Gretta Vosper
HarperCollins Publishers Ltd (Mar 18 2008)

Book Description
God does not answer our prayers. Jesus is not the saviour who saved the world by dying for our sins. Simply put, Christianity is “love one another.” Gretta Vosper, founder of the Canadian Centre for Progressive Christianity and a minister in Toronto, believes that the church, as we have built it and known it, has outlived its viability. What she proposes in the provocative With or Without God is a radical change that lies at the heart of faith. The new church she envisions will play a viable and transformative role in the shaping of a future society. What will save the church from certain demise, Vosper argues, is a new emphasis on just and compassionate living. Without this reform, the church as we know it faces extinction.

In a thoughtful and passionate discourse that speaks to a wide audience, Vosper tackles the issue that concerns so many of us today: how to find spiritual fulfillment, comfort and connection in the here and now. In the vein of Tom Harpur’s The Pagan Christ, this is a book that dares to discard old doctrines but does so with respect and dignity. Vosper imagines a new church that leads in ethics—fostering relationships, meaning and values that are solidly rooted in our own best selves.

About the Author
Gretta Vosper is pastor of West Hill United Church in Toronto, and founder and chair of the Canadian Centre for Progressive Christianity, an organization that provides resources and support to those exploring the boundaries of Christian thought both within and outside of their congregations. She received her master of divinity from Queen's Theological College in 1990 and was ordained in 1992. Vosper is a widely sought-after speaker and is regularly interviewed in the national media.

http://www.amazon.ca/Without-God-Gretta-Vosper/dp/1554682282