"Mind control" and "brainwashing" 思想控制與洗腦

Alex Alex

"Mind control" and "brainwashing" 思想控制與洗腦

This post was updated on .
If you want to discuss this topic, please "Reply" to this post.
如想討論這個課題,請 "Reply" 此貼。

Conditions for Mind Control
http://lgattruth.wordpress.com/2006/11/17/conditions-for-mind-control/

IN ORDER TO INFLUENCE OR BRAINWASH PEOPLE, THE FOLLOWING METHODS WORK BEST:
•Isolate them in new surroundings apart from old friends or reference-points
•Provide them with instant acceptance from a seemingly loving group
•Keep them away from competing or critical ideas
•Provide an authority figure that everyone seems to acknowledge as having some special skill or awareness
•Provide a philosophy that seems logical and appears to answer all or the most important questions in life
•Structure all or most activities so that there is little time for privacy or independent action or thought
•Provide a sense of "us" versus "them"
•Promise instant or imminent solutions to deep or long-term problems
•And employ covert or disguised hypnotic techniques

How Brainwashing Works
http://health.howstuffworks.com/mental-health/human-nature/perception/brainwashing.htm

large group awareness training program (aka self-help and actualization movement)
http://skepdic.com/lgsap.html
XOX XOX

Re: "Mind control" and "brainwashing" 思想控制與洗腦

XOX XOX

Re: "Mind control" and "brainwashing" 思想控制與洗腦

Psychology of Belief, Part 3: Confirmation Bias

The two christians/idiots saying banana prove their stupid shit god created something is what we normally called confirmation bias in regarding belief.
XOX XOX

Re: "Mind control" and "brainwashing" 思想控制與洗腦

"Damage to posterior parietal areas induced unusually fast changes of a stable personality dimension related to transcendental self-referential awareness. Thus, dysfunctional parietal neural activity may underpin altered spiritual and religious attitudes and behaviors."

Selective Brain Damage Modulates Human Spirituality, Research Reveals
Alex Alex

Re: "Mind control" and "brainwashing" 思想控制與洗腦

This post was updated on .
This provides valuable insights into the neurological causes of human religious and "spiritual" phenomena.

All brain functions, including outputs such as religion and "spirituality," are physically caused by neuronal functions or dysfunctions.
XOX XOX

Re: "Mind control" and "brainwashing" 思想控制與洗腦

This post was updated on .
The studies of the brain (neuroscience) and the studies of the mind (psychology) would explain quite a bit of why people got hook on religious nonsense.
XOX XOX

Re: "Mind control" and "brainwashing" 思想控制與洗腦

The case mentioned.

"無穿內褲犯案現任平安福音堂傳道人吳漢超在港鐵月台先以肚腩頂少女手肘,入車廂後復以勃起的陽具磨擦少女大腿在東區裁判法院被裁定一項非禮罪名成立。傳道人被揭發案發時無穿內褲,此舉異於常人,亦令少女更易看見他下體勃起。" (18 March 2011)

http://hk.apple.nextmedia.com/template/apple/art_main.php?iss_id=20110318&sec_id=4104&subsec_id=12740&art_id=15087298
XOX XOX

Re: "Mind control" and "brainwashing" 思想控制與洗腦

Karen Armstrong is an ignorant bigoted bitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Vw0UqVXBc

"What is it that her words are supposed to mean? Really, what? This woman talks pure nonsense. Meaningless, vacuous nonsense. Why does anyone give her any respect whatsoever? Such wanton pretentiousness."
-- Richard Dawkins

Alex Alex

Derren Brown

In last session, we have watched the British mentalist Derren Brown's amazing demonstration of mind-reading and his ability to tell whether a person is telling a lie by split-second minute clues in facial expressions, posture, and/or voice.

In a subsequent email, Yvonne suggested trying this:

Lie Detection Tests
http://www.fox.com/lietome/lightmantests/
XOX XOX

Re: Derren Brown

Thanks for the link. I watched this TV show, just haven't come across this test yet.
Alex Alex

「大學生研經宣教會是異端麼?」網誌相關資料

大學生研經宣教會是異端麼?」網誌收集了一些相關資料:

洗腦教會的特徵 (Biderman's Chart of Coercion)
http://hkubf.blogspot.com/2011/10/by-bidermans-chart-of-coercion.html

操控特徵和 cult 特徵
http://hkubf.blogspot.com/2011/10/cult.html

宗教成癮 (religious addiction) 和靈性虐待 (spiritual abuse)
http://hkubf.blogspot.com/2011/10/religious-addiction-spiritual-abuse.html
Alex Alex

Swartz Foundation

We shall take a look at the work of the Swartz Foundation.
Alex Alex

洗脑知识漫谈

洗脑知识漫谈
作者:捣蛋之父
成文时间:2011年8月
http://www.xys.org/xys/netters/psi2b/daodanzhifu2.txt
XOX XOX

28 Nov 2011 TED Speeches

Here are the four thought-provoking TED speeches videos shown by Jonathan on the SafeHouse gathering on 28 Nov 2011.  Discussions are welcome.
這裡是四套主持人Jonathan於一一年十一月廿八日「心靈休息室」聚會播放的發人深省的TED講座短片。歡迎討論。

How Ordinary People become evil by Philip Zimbardo

http://www.ted.com/talks/view/lang/en//id/272
XOX XOX

Kerry Barry does Brain Magic

This post was updated on .
XOX XOX

Michael Shermer

This post was updated on .
XOX XOX

Susan Blackmore

This post was updated on .
Alex Alex

「心靈休息室」可服務離開「大學生研經宣教會」的信徒

歡迎離開「大學生研經宣教會」的信徒來尋道會內之「心靈休息室」聚會。「心靈休息室」的目標是讓正在經歷個人信仰生活轉變的人士在一個安全的環境下得到無條件接納、支援及基本輔導服務。
Alex Alex

Diane Benscoter/TED: I Used to Be in a Cult and Here's What It Did to My Brain

I Used to Be in a Cult and Here's What It Did to My Brain
Diane Benscoter
09/27/2013
TED
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/diane-benscoter/extremist-brain_b_3998314.html

"If we hope to prevent extremist terrorism we have to begin with understanding the mental condition of extremist leaders. We also need to understand the mental condition of those most vulnerable to extremist tactics. Finally, we need to understand manipulation, the vehicle that connects the extremist leader and it's victims."